Who knew, the Blob Brush in Adobe Illustrator had so much going on =D
In Never Stop Learning week 58 I had my first look at Blob Brush and Eraser Tool as a team. Since then, I’ve used it on a couple projects and got to learn a lil more about it. It is now the first tool I tell people to try out if they’re new to Illustrator.
This is why:
* It’s like drawing with a Sharpie but ALL of the different tips Sharpie makes PLUS the pressure sensitivity you get when using a Wacom
* If you are familiar with the basic brush in Adobe Photoshop you’ll be able to pick up this tool real eazy =)
* Great for those “I just wanna get my ideas on the screen!” moments
* The Blob Brush is the MAIN tool in Adobe Ideas for designing on-the-go
* It’s ALL Vectors!!! But made easy =D
I didn’t make adjustments in this panel often. I’ve been missing out!!! You can find this panel by double clicking on the Blob Brush icon or by hitting Enter on your keyboard.
The way I learned what the sliders work,,, just play with them =D push them to the extremes to see what they do then just doodle a lil.
Once you have it set in a way you feel comfortable, start CREATING!!!
This AWESOME lil figure I blobbed out was originally created by:
Charlton Yu- Caliwood Design Lab
Please check out his shop to purchase his amazing creations
Caliwood Design Lab- Shop
I got most of my info from Lynda.com:
If you look up #NSL87 you should be able to follow my week, all of the videos I studied for this one, and other Tweets related to this post.